a loved rose apon some thorns.

"I love to see you at my table, Nick. you remind me of a - of a rose, an absolute rose." - Daisy

Monday, June 2, 2014

The Visitation of the Long Lost Cousin at a Dinner Party.

The arrival of the long lost cousin I haven't seen and missed dearly for quite some time is here for a lovely dinner with Tom, Jordan and I. I sincerely hope that Tom does not get in a argument with Nick, my cousin. I don't understand why he has been such on edge lately. Maybe he is having troubles with that mistress from that garage place with that not-so-clad husband that seems to think his wife is the best thing since buttered toast. Why is it so hard to deal with the fact that she is around and not to mention the many other people he has been with. Is it so hard to stay around your wife and child with out running off with some mistress. What is even more painful is the fact the she called in the middle of the dinner party I had planned to have with Nick, Jordan, Tom and I. What is it with him have I lost his interest? Am I not pretty enough to grab the attention of his eyes? Maybe to get his attention I should be doing the same thing to him, getting random people to call requesting my presence just to see what his reaction would be. Maybe he will realize that he has something great in front of him.
""You mean to say you don't know?" said Miss Baker, honestly surprised. "i thought everybody knew." "I don't." "why - " she said hesitantly, "Tom's got some women in New York." "Got some women?" I repeated blankly. Miss Baker nodded. "She might have the decency not to telephone him at dinner time. Don't you think"" (15)?

No comments:

Post a Comment